15 May 2013

4. Big Checks and Bold Tartan

Moncler Gamme Bleu
Okay this is another favourite trend of mine at the moment, actually, all of them are favourites, that's why I put them in my list... ANYWAY! Big checks and bold tartan were probably one of the top 10 features of many early fashion shows this year! I think it's safe to say tartan is one of the longest lasting trends dating back to early Scottish clans but it has definitely become more creative as time has passed. Thank God.



With eye-popping blues and mustards being two great colour picks for this winter; Hackett shown in London and Moncler Gamme Bleu from Milan must be two of my top three picks for this section.

Hackett
And the final "Big Checks and Bold Tartan" piece making it into my top 3 (and I think narrowly beating out Hacketts' for my very favourite from all the checks and tartans at A/W 2013 big shows in Milan, London and Paris) is this grey, black and white Versace suit shown in Milan. I think this type of bold suit is absolutely stunning and the whole outfit works remarkably well together with the simple white shirt and plain silver tie to complement the extravagant suit. Not to mention the clearly very classy shoes. Well done Versace, up to your usual high standard. And well done you for reading my post!

Versace

No comments:

Post a Comment